Friday, February 14, 2014

A Good Day to Say I'm Sorry

The day of love, when turns into the day of heartbreak, seems much more sinister than any other day of heartbreak! (A day of heartbreak is, in itself, pretty sinister to begin with!) So when a friend narrated their tale of failed love on a day when the world celebrates successful love, I couldn't fight my urge to pen down what I gathered of their feelings, and what, to an extent, vocalizes my own.
Valentine's day is a good day to say I Love You. Also, a good day to say I'm Sorry!

Forgive me,
For not being what you wanted.
Forgive me,
For falling short in helping you make a leap of faith.
Forgive me,
For making you feel responsible for my hurt.
Forgive me,
For every tear that has flown down your face.
Forgive me,
For causing you pain brought about by the realization of my inadequacy.
Forgive me,
For not meeting your expectations. I tried. I aspired. I failed.

It will be hard to forgive me - I know because I have tried.
I failed,
But I hope you will not.
Forgive me,
Please forgive me.